Summer Basketball Skills Training is focused on individual skill development and challenge during the off season.
The programs are led by Kyle Mendenhall, who has several years of experience in high school and college basketball coaching and camps.
- Basketball Camp: Athletes will be taught basketball fundamentals, focusing on the individual basic skills of passing, defense, ball-handling and shooting. Instruction will focus on teaching the fundamentals while teaching kids to have fun while competing. Each day, biblical character lessons from the coaches will be taught that connect both to basketball and life.
- Advanced Basketball Skills Training: Athletes will go through advanced basketball skills, focusing on passing, defense, ball-handling and shooting. Instruction will focus on teaching the fundamentals while teaching kids to have fun while competing. Athletes will also be placed on different teams each week and taught how to implement skills they learn into live 3 on 3 game like situations. In the 3 on 3 sessions, athletes will work on screening, cutting and playing without the basketball.
- Advanced Basketball Shooter Training: All aspects of shooting will be covered including footwork, mechanics and developing key habits to become a better shooter. This training is for players that have travel, middle school, or high school playing experience. These are not clinics for beginners. Skills covered during sessions include:
- Improve your shooting technique
- Develop practice habits that help you become a better shooter
- Build sound shooting techniques
- Master specific shots that great scorers need in their toolbox
- Train effectively to see real improvement when you practice
- Discover the keys to protecting your confidence
- Develop an understanding of what it takes to become a great shooter.