- Instructor: Bria Arline
- Weekly School Work Load at Home: 5 hours
- For schedule, location, and all applicable fees, please visit our Schedule and Pricing page
- The Bible, any version, for reading the book of Job
- The Three Theban Plays: Antigone; Oedipus the King; Oedipus at Colonus by Sophocles, Dover: Purchase Online – Amazon
- The Odyssey, Penguin: Purchase Online – Amazon
- The Tragedy of Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare, Pelican: Purchase Online – Amazon
- The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy, Dover: Purchase Online – Amazon
- Uncle Vanya by Anton Chekhov, Dover: Purchase Online – Amazon
- One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, Signet: Purchase Online – Amazon
- Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe, Penguin: Purchase Online – Amazon
C.S. Lewis once wrote that, “We read to know that we are not alone.” In studying World Literature, students will dip their toes into unknown cultural waters, discovering how the people of mankind, whom God made and loves, are so varied while still so much alike.
Students will read selected texts and answer accompanying discussion questions. In-class activities include biblical application, grammar and vocabulary reinforcement, and interactive discussions based on the previous week’s reading. Students will also complete critical analysis and creative writing assignments.