- Instructor: Chrissy Curry
- Weekly School Work Hours at Home: 5 hours
- For schedule, location, and all applicable fees, please visit our Schedule and Pricing page
- Exploring Creation with Physical Science, 2nd Edition, Apologia Educational Ministries
- Exploring Creation with Physical Science Solutions and Test Book, 2nd Edition, Apologia Education Ministries
- Purchase Both Books Together Online – Christian Book Distributors
Physical Science is generally recommended as a 7th-9th grade course. This activity can be counted as a high school science credit (but for the UNC system universities, chemistry or physics would be needed to count towards the physical type science requirement for admissions). The text discusses such topics as the atmosphere, the hydrosphere, weather, the structure of the earth, environmentalism, the physics of motion, Newton’s Laws, gravity, and astrophysics. Students perform many hands-on experiments in this activity. There is an emphasis on solid, high school level formal lab report writing. Students also spend time exploring and reporting on current events in the scientific world as well as participating in an egg drop competition.