- Instructor: Christina Musser
- Pre-Requisite Course: Algebra I
- Weekly Work Load at Home: about an hour per day for average reader and average math ability
- For schedule, location, and all applicable fees, please visit our Schedule and Pricing page
- Discovering Design with Chemistry, Student Text by Dr. Jay Wile, Berean Builders Publishing
- Answer Key & Tests for Discovering Design with Chemistry, Student Text by Dr. Jay Wile, Berean Builders Publishing
- Purchase Both Online: Christian Book
- PLEASE NOTE: this is NOT the Apologia Text!! This is a text that was new in 2015. There is a picture in the link provided in the purchasing section.
Chemistry addresses the theoretical and mathematical basis of chemistry. This course covers topics including measurement and units, atoms and molecules, chemical and physical changes, stoichiometry, atomic and molecular structure, acids and bases, balancing chemical equations, polyatomic ions and molecular geometry, chemistry of solutions, gas phase laws, thermodynamics, kinetics, chemical equilibrium, and oxidation reduction reactions.
This course also has a strong lab component with students performing a variety of experiments including micro-scale chemistry experiments and learning to write formal lab reports. We will be using the additional lab kit suggested by Dr. Wile – the microchemistry lab kit. This will give students additional lab skills and techniques. Tests will be given by the parents at home and turned in to the instructor. This is excellent preparation for college chemistry.